Magicard provides identity management, credentialing and issuance solutions. Headquarters in the UK, Magicard has operations across the globe. Magicard products are trusted by thousands of organisations and governments throughout the world to issue millions of secure identity credentials every year.
Find our open positions below:
Embedded Software Engineer
Reporting to the Software Team Leader the Embedded Software Engineer will, as part of a team of development engineers, be responsible for software development activities across existing and planned new Magicard card printers.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software.
- Review Code and Design.
- Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of systems resources.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Support software QA
- Provide post production support.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Assess third party and open source software.
- Proven working experience in software engineering post qualification.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems – experience of embedded Linux a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and peer review.
- Excellent knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Strong personal organisation, documentation and writing skills.
The role is being offered on a full time basis consisting of 37.5 hours per week. We have a benefits scheme in place where you can purchase private medical cover, private dental cover, private pension fund and additional holiday to name just a few. There is also on-site parking available.
To apply for the role please send through a copy of your CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our engineering, sales, and production teams at our UK HQ, or in our global offices. Even if there isn’t a role advertised specifically for you, we would still like to hear from you at – email@example.com